Design Infini Privacy Notice
For Employees, Officers, Directors, Contractors, and Job Applicants
This privacy notice (“Notice”) applies to employees, officers, directors, contractors, and job applicants (“you” or “your”) who reside in the state of California and interact with Design Infini Incorporate (“Company,” “we,” “us” or “our”) as part of their professional relationship. Design Infini is committed to the privacy and the protection of all personal data. This Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our employees in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other applicable privacy laws.
The CCPA defines personal information as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.”
What are not considered personal information under CCPA:
- Publicly available information—information available from federal, state, or local government records.
- De-identified and pseudonymized information.
- Information excluded from the scope of CCPA:
- Personal information covered by certain private-specific privacy laws such as Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bley Act, CA Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Medical or health information covered by the Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act of 1966 and the CA Confidentiality Medical Information Act.
Design Infini collects, receives, and uses the Personal Information of all former and present employees, officers, directors, contractors, and job applicants for business purposes outlined below. The below chart also identifies categories or examples of personal information covered by the CCPA.
|Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, e-mail address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|Protected classifications under CA or federal law
|Age, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, citizenship, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other category or activity protected by federal, state, or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
|Personal Information categories listed in California Customer Records Statute (Ca. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
|A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some information here may be repeated in other categories.
|Records of personal property information, products or services purchased, or purchasing or consuming.
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|Physical location or movements, location data, IP address, Door Access Cards.
|Professional or job-related information
|Personnel file, new hire or onboarding records, I-9 forms, tax forms, time and attendance records, non-medical leave of absence records, workplace injury and safety records, performance evaluations, disciplinary records, training records, licensing and certification records, compensation and health benefits records, and payroll information and records.
|Internet and Network Activity Data
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, usage history, information on interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|Transcripts or records of degrees and vocational certifications obtained; correspondence between the school and HR on school related internships for academic credit.
|Inferences drawn from personal data that can be used to create consumer profile
|Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
|Job application, resume, background check, drug test results, job interview notes, and candidates evaluation.
|Visual, Audio or Video Recordings in the Workplace
|Surveillance cameras or pictures of employees taken in the workplace or at a Company function or event.
|Facility Access Records
|Information identifying which employees accessed secure Company facilities and at what times using their keys, door access card and alarm system.
|Medical and Health Information
|Doctor’s notes for absences or work restrictions, medical leave of absence records, requests for accommodation, interactive process records, and correspondence with employees and their medical or mental health provider(s) regarding any request for accommodation or medical leave of absence, as well as post-hire drug test results.
Purpose of Collection & Use
First you should know….
- We do not and will not sell your personal information.
- We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We will not share your personal information to make any automated decisions affecting you.
- We collect and use your information for the following business purposes:
- To evaluate your candidacy for employment, partnership or any continuation thereof, or contractual engagement;
- To manage your employment or contractual relationship and administrating employment related activities;
- To adhere to any legal obligation imposed on us by law and to respond to government requests;
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring employers to maintain certain records;
- To communicate with you, including providing job-related updates, responding to inquiries, and conducting surveys;
- To process payroll;
- To maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation (claims) and other liability insurance claims;
- To administer and maintain group health insurance benefits, 401K and/or retirement plans;
- To manage employee performance reviews;
- To conduct workplace investigations;
- To obtain and verify background checks on job candidates and employees;
- To assess and administer decisions regarding an employee’s employment, including decisions to hire, demote, promote, terminate, transfer, suspend or discipline;
- To communicate employee related matters with employees such as upcoming benefit information, availability of W2s and other alerts and notifications;
- To track the use of paid time off or leave policies;
- To notify a person you designate in the event of an emergency;
- To fulfill or meet the reasons you provided us the information, including to process your requests, transactions, or payments;
- To grant employees access to secure Company facilities and maintain information on who accessed the facilities;
- To help keep the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products, services, databases, networks, and other technical assets and businesses;
- To implement, monitor, and manage electronic security measures on employee devices that are used to access Company networks and systems; and
- To protect Design Infini’s operations, or the safety, security and privacy of our company, staff, customers or third parties. This potentially includes sharing information for the purpose of information security, fraud protection, and related matters.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will share your personal information to facilitate your payroll, benefits, plans or for security purposes. For example, we may share your data with service providers, our payroll provider, financial investment service providers, insurance providers, security providers, professional service providers including external auditors, HR info service providers, and government agencies.
Your Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, you have certain rights regarding your personal data. These rights include: Know the categories of personal information we collect and the purposes for which it is used; Request access to your personal information; Request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions); Opt-out of the sales of your personal information, if applicable; and Non-discrimination in terms of service or price when you exercise your privacy rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise your rights or make inquiries regarding your personal information, please contact us sing the contact details provided at the end of this Notice.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Design Infini has physical, electronic, and standard protection procedures put into place to protect any information gathered from unauthorized access, disclosure, or loss.
Should you have any questions on how your information is used, if you need to update any information, delete any information, opt-out or if you need an alternative format of this notice due to having a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.